Up to 1.25Gbps data links
1310nm FP Laser and PIN photo-detector
Up to 20km on 9/125µm SMF
Duplex LC receptacle optical interface compliant
All-metal housing for superior EMI performance
RoHS6 compliant (lead free)
Operating case temperature:
Commercial: -5°C to +70°C
Extended: -20°C to +80°C
Industrial: -40°C to +85°C
- Up to 1.25Gbps data links
- 1310nm FP Laser and PIN photo-detector
- Up to 20km on 9/125µm SMF
- Duplex LC receptacle optical interface compliant
- Hot pluggable
- All-metal housing for superior EMI performance
- RoHS6 compliant (lead free)
- Operating case temperature:
Commercial: -5°C to +70°C
Extended: -20°C to +80°C
Industrial: -40°C to +85°C
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Fiber Channel
- Switch to Switch interface
- Switched backplane applications
- Router/Server interface
- Other optical transmission systems
- Compliant with SFP MSA
- Compliant with SFF-8472
- Compatible with IEEE802.3ah 2004
The SFP transceivers are high performance, cost effective modules supporting data-rate of 1.25Gbps and 20km transmission distance with SMF.
The transceivers are compatible with SFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) and SFF-8472. For further information, please refer to SFP MSA and SFF-8472.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
|Power Supply Voltage||VCC||0||3.6||V|
|Operating Case Temperature||Tc||-40||+85||°C|
|RX Input Average Power||Pmax||-||0||dBm|
Recommended Operating Environment:
|Power Supply Voltage||VCC||3.13||3.3||3.46||V|
|Power Supply Current||Icc||300||mA|
|Operating Case Temperature||Commercial||TC||-5||+70||°C|
|Input Differential Impedance||Rin||90||100||110||Ω|
|Single Ended Data Input Swing||Vin PP||250||1000||mV||1|
|Transmit Disable Voltage||VD||Vcc– 1.3||Vcc||V|
|Transmit Enable Voltage||VEN||Vee||Vee+ 0.8||V|
|Single Ended Data Output Swing||VoutPP||300||600||mV|
|LOS Fault||Vlos fault||Vcc – 0.5||Vcc_host||V||2|
|LOS Normal||Vlos norm||Vee||Vee+0.5||V||2|
1. Connected directly to TX data input pins. AC coupling from pins into laser driver IC.
2. LOS is an open collector output. Should be pulled up with 4.7kΩ – 10kΩ on the host board. Normal operation is logic 0; loss of signal is logic 1.
|Spectral Width (RMS)||σ||3||nm|
|Average Optical Power (avg.)||Pout||-9||-3||dBm||1|
|Laser Off Power||Poff||-||-||-45||dBm|
|Relative Intensity Noise||RIN||-||-||-128||dB/Hz|
|Optical Rise/Fall Time||tr/tf||-||260||ps||3|
|Optical Return Loss Tolerance||-||-||12||dB|
|Output Optical Eye||Compliant with IEEE802.3z eye masks when filtered||2|
|Receiver Center Wavelength||λc||1260||1620||nm|
|Receiver Sensitivity in Average Power||Sen||-23||-3||dBm||4|
|Receiver Power (damage)||-||-||0||dBm|
1. The optical power is launched into 9/125µm SMF.
2. Measured with a PRBS27-1 test pattern @1.25Gbps.
3. Unfiltered, 20-80%. Measured with a PRBS 27-1 test pattern @1.25Gbps.
4. Measured with a PRBS27-1 test pattern @1.25Gbps, ER=10dB, BER <10-12.
|TX_Disable Assert Time||t_off||10||us|
|TX_Disable Negate Time||t_on||1||ms|
|Time to Initialize Include Reset of TX_FAULT||t_init||300||ms|
|TX_FAULT from Fault to Assertion||t_fault||100||us|
|TX_Disable Time to Start Reset||t_reset||10||us|
|Receiver Loss of Signal Assert Time||TA, RX_LOS||100||us|
|Receiver Loss of Signal Deassert Time||Td, RX_LOS||100||us|
|Rate-Select Change Time||t_ratesel||10||us|
|Serial ID Clock Time||f_serial-clock||100||kHz|
Digital Diagnostic Monitor Characteristics (DDM)
The following digital diagnostic characteristics are defined over the Recommended Operating Environment unless otherwise specified. It is compliant to SFF8472 Rev10.2 with internal calibration mode. For external calibration mode please contact our sales stuff.
|Temperature Monitor Absolute Error||DMI_Temp||-3||3||°C|
|Laser Power Monitor Absolute Error||DMI_TX||-3||3||dB|
|RX Power Monitor Absolute Error||DMI_RX||-3||3||dB|
|Supply Voltage Monitor Absolute Error||DMI_VCC||-3%||3%||V|
|Bias Current Monitor Absolute Error||DMI_Ibias||-10%||10%||mA|
Digital Diagnostic Memory Map (Compliant with SFF-8472)
The transceivers provide serial ID memory contents and diagnostic information about the present operating conditions by the 2-wire serial interface (SCL, SDA).
The diagnostic information with internal calibrationor external calibration all are implemented,including received power monitoring, transmitted power monitoring, bias current monitoring, supply voltage monitoring and temperature monitoring.
The digital diagnostic memory map specific data field defines as following (For further information, please refer to SFF-8472).
|Pin||Signal Name||Description||Plug Seq.||Notes|
|2||TX FAULT||Transmitter Fault Indication||3||1|
|3||TX Disable||Transmitter Disable||3||2|
|4||MOD_DEF(2)||I²C Serial Data Signal SDA||3||3|
|5||MOD_DEF(1)||I²C Serial Clock Signal SCL||3||3|
|6||MOD_DEF(0)||Grounded in Module||3||3|
|7||Rate Select||Not Connected||3|
|8||LOS||Receiver Loss of Signal Indicator (Active high, open-drain)||3||4|
|12||RD-||Inv. Received Data Out||3||5|
|13||RD+||Received Data Out||3||5|
|15||VccR||Receiver Power Supply||2|
|16||VccT||Transmitter Power Supply||2|
|18||TD+||Transmit Data In||3||6|
|19||TD-||Inv. Transmit Data In||3||6|
Plug Seq.: Pin engagement sequence during hot plugging.
1.TX Fault is an open collector output, which should be pulled up with a 4.7k~10kΩresistor on the host board to a voltage between 2.0V and Vcc+0.3V. Logic 0 indicates normal operation; Logic 1 indicates a laser fault of some kind. In the low state, the output will be pulled to less than 0.8V.
2. TX Disable is an input that is used to shut down the transmitter optical output. It is pulled up within the module with a 4.7k~10kΩ resistor. Its states are:
Low (0 to 0.8V): Transmitter on;
Between (>0.8V,< 2.0V): Undefined;
High (2.0 to 3.465V): Transmitter Disabled;
Open: Transmitter Disabled.
3.Mod-Def0, 1, 2: These are the module definition pins. They should be pulled up with a 4.7k~10kΩ resistor on the host board. The pull-up voltage shall be VccT or VccR.
MOD_DEF (0) is grounded by the module to indicate that the module is present.
MOD_DEF (1) is the clock line of two wire serial interface for serial ID SCL.
MOD_DEF (2) is the data line of two wire serial interface for serial ID SDA.
4. LOS is an open collector output, which should be pulled up with a 4.7k~10kΩresistor. Pull up voltage between 2.0V and Vcc+0.3V. Logic 1 indicates loss of signal; Logic 0 indicates normal operation. In the low state, the output will be pulled to less than 0.8V.
5. RD-/+: These are the differential receiver outputs. They are internally AC-coupled 100 differential lines which should be terminated with 100Ω (differential) at the user SERDES.
6. TD-/+: These are the differential transmitter inputs. They are internally AC-coupled, differential lines with 100Ω differential termination inside the module.
Recommended Interface Circuit
|Part Number||Product Description|
|YSP12-3120||1310nm, 1.25Gbps, 20km, Duplex LC SFP Transceiver, -5ºC ~ +70ºC, With DDM.|
|YSP12-3120E||1310nm, 1.25Gbps, 20km, Duplex LC SFP Transceiver, -20ºC ~ +80ºC, With DDM.|
|YSP12-3120T||1310nm, 1.25Gbps, 20km, Duplex LC SFP Transceiver, -40ºC ~ +85ºC, With DDM.|
1. Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) Transceiver Multi-Source Agreement (MSA), September 2000.
2. Telcordia GR-253-CORE Specifications.
3. “Diagnostic Monitoring Interface for Optical Transceivers” SFF-8472, Rev 10.2, June 1, 2007.
Performance figures, data and any illustrative material provided in this data sheet are typical and must be specifically confirmed in writing by YOUTHTON before they become applicable to any particular order or contract. In accordance with the YOUTHTON policy of continuous improvement specifications may change without notice. The publication of information in this data sheet does not imply freedom from patent or other protective rights of YOUTHTON or others. Further details are available from any YOUTHTON sales representative.
SHENZHEN YOUTHTON TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
ADD: F4, JINMA BUILDING, JINMA INDUSTRIAL PARK, SHIHUAN ROAD NO.4, SHIYAN STREET, BAOAN DISTRICT, SHENZHEN, CHINA